Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Life

Well tonight I have actually started my own blog - don't know how I will go but I am willing to give it a try. Have been thinking about it for a while now but just didn't really think it was going to be this easy. Mind you, it did take me quite a while to work out how to add a photo so don't know if there will be many more of them until I get the hang of this thing!!

Anyway, tomorrow morning I am going to weigh and measure myself - aarrgghhh!!! I do know that this diet thing is going to be the only way I am ever gonna get this weight off me and get healthy. I am approaching 50 and things just gotta change. Found a website "physicsdiet.com" which looks really helpful where I need to log my weight on a daily basis cause it works out an average weight over 10 days and charts that. I also plan to count calories in Calorie King and log those details as well.

My ultimate goal you may ask? I want to get down to 65kilos eventually but if I can be less than 80kg on my 50th birthday (2 and a bit years away) I will be really pleased with that. I have not been under 100 kilos for at least 20 years (notice that is the age of my eldest son!)............. Let me also say that I have been dieting constantly for the last 25 years to 30 years and all I have got out of it is to get fatter and fatter. Why is this time gonna be different you may ask? Well I am asking the same question and really I am not sure but I do know that this is gonna be my last ditched effort otherwise I am gonna end up dead!! If not by a heart attack, stroke then I shall get diabetes and have my limbs chopped off..... If that isn't gonna motivate me then nothing is.

So, I shall put in my weight tomorrow as my new Day 1 to a healthy life.....

Shaz

1 comment:

StacyRenee said...

Welcome to blogger. I am right there with you on the weight loss thing. I know it's not easy and I wish you the best. Give it a week and you will be a pro at adding pics :).