Saturday, January 24, 2009

Going Great

Let's just say I just love the Calorie King website. It makes things sooooo much easier doesn't it? It works out not only the calories but also anything else I feel the need to calculate, like fibre, fat, carbs, protein - you name it! And all at the click of a button - just great.
Went to my brother's for dinner last night, as him and his girlfriend are following Weight Watchers at the moment and decided to do a WW dinner. It was okay cause as everything was very healthy and low fat I was easily able to add my calories into Calorie King when I got home. Anyway, even going out to dinner and drinking 2 glasses of wine I still was under my calorie allocation of 1710 for the day - how exciting is that! Normally, if I went out for dinner (whether to a friends or restaurant) that would have been the end of my diet for the day cause I would have eaten crap. We were big on the dips, chips, wine, cheese sort of dinners but last night the meal was as follows:
Zucchini Soup (no cream) with small wholemeal dinner roll (no butter)Thai Prawn Salad (absolutely the best)Crumbed chicken strips (no oil used) with roastsed (canola spray) mixed vegiesFresh Fruit platter (watermelon, pineapple, strawberries, grapes and cherries)
Probably doesn't look very appetizing cause there was no cream, no oil, no butter but believe me I was pleasantly surprised and how tasty and filling the whole meal was. I have now vowed to have them back to my place and try the same thing.
Thanks to Calorie King I can stay on top of everything and I have now just realised I can print out each day's diary which gives you a quick rundown on what your totals have been for the day and the end result (ie whether calories were under or over and how much by!!)
So anyway, my week so far (and it has only been 4 days) has been really good and I have stayed under my calorie allowance EVERY day (one day by 294) so am looking forward to my first weighin next Wednesday morning (fingers crossed).
I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: