Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Start

Well I have a new blog name (new year, new me) as I am starting (again) this weight loss journey. It is yet closer again to that dreaded 50 (Sep 2010) so I know that this time has to be the VERY last time if I am to be 50 and at goal. I did this when I stopped smoking as I was not going to be 40 and a smoker and here I am 10 years later and still not smoking. I therefore can't see the difference here and intend to make this the weightloss effort that works, once and for all.

I have thought long and hard about what I need to do and rather than do a specific diet like that tells me what to eat and what not to eat, I am going to take all the experience of dieting in the last 20 years and take the good and chuck out the bad. I do know that dieting does make you fat - hey look at me, a prime example cause I am now 30 kilos heavier than when I started dieting 20 years ago. My weight has just gone up and up and up even though I start 3-4 diets every single year. The money I have spent I don't even want to think about - my husband would have a coronary if he knew. We could have had 3 world trips I reckon on the money I have spent on diets, diet books, gym memberships (that stopped after 3 months), on diet foot. The lists is endless and what I would like to know is why the hell am I now fatter. Obviously, dieting doesn't work but then on the other hand I have also tried the "no dieting" diet and still ended up heavier than when I started.

Soooo,,,, I know what I should eat and what I shouldn't eat. I am going to concentrate on healthier options for example have a pizza with no cheese instead of with cheese, drink water instead of diet coke, grain breads instead of white with the biggest thing I really know I need to do and that is to reduce my portion sizes. I need to stop eating before I am stuffed and also start (slowly) to exercise (which I hate with a vengence by the way!).

So here goes everybody, today is day one (22nd Jan) and I hope to keep this blog up to date whether it be good or bad news.

Shaz

2 comments:

StacyRenee said...

I am right there with you. I too am starting over AGAIN. I think I'm going to invite my mom to a race to see who gets there first and in a healthy way!

shazza1960 said...

Yes, new years tend to do that to people!!!

Problem is, every year is the same thing (I need to start over again!!) I am DETERMINE to make this THE year that it actually sticks though.

Thanks for your support and shall try to keep my blog up to date.

shazza48