Friday, September 19, 2008

What has happened to this month?

Last post was the 4th September. Can't believe it is now the 20th!! What a slackarse I am..... Well, I do have reason. It has been my 48th birthday, my son's 18th birthday, my brother's 51st birthday AND my co-worker's 32nd birthday ALL in that 2 week period!! Busy, busy busy is all I can say, not to mention an EXPENSIVE month!!!!



Well, have my son's 21st coming up in January but not going to think about that until at least November so I have a couple of months of peace for the time being.



On the weight front. Nothing much there. Well, sort of. Still logging my daily weight on physicsdiet.com but changed from counting calories to counting points (just much much easier). Joined WW online which is an on-line tracker, forums etc but I definitely DO NOT want to go back to weekly meetings with the weekly weigh-ins again. It isn't too hard when it is all online and it takes a couple of seconds to log what I have eaten. Anyway, that was 2 weeks ago and although I lost .8 in the first week, I have put that back on this week so back to square one. Could all be TTOM which is a doosy so I am hoping that it is just a temporary weight increase. All I am worried about is my average weight chart slowly going in the down direction and believe me it is not a straight line by no stretch of the imagination.



Had a really nice lunch - brown rice (90sec quick rice), tuna, chargrilled eggplant, capsicum and artichoke and some shaved parmesan cheese on top. Very tasty. Oh and I topped it off with a handful of peanuts and dried apricots. Still way under points as the vegies I don't even have to count which is a bonus.



Don't think I have mentioned my oldest son having recently lost 36kilos. I am so proud of him. He has kept it off for 2 months now. He is still eating the odd crappy thing but doesn't have half as much of it that he use to. He doesn't believe in counting anything nor weighing and measuring but then he is only 20, a male and never dieted before so it is gonna work good for him.



Don't know what to have for dinner tonight. Normally Sat nights is some sort of takeaway but I want to try and make something just as nice instead. Think I'll going through all my recipe books and check out something different for a change.



By the way, it is nice to see that there is at least one person reading this blog - sorry for being a big slow on the updates as I know what it is like when you get used to checking out blogs and want an update and they haven't done one for a while!!!! I shall definitely be doing an update at least twice a week. I do work full-time, as does my husband, and sometimes the days are just so hectic I don't even logon to a computer at all!! Wish my kids helped out a bit with housework and stuff but it aint ever gonna happen!!!



Anyway, off to check out my recipe books.



Shaz

1 comment:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

You said:
"Don't think I have mentioned my oldest son having recently lost 36kilos. I am so proud of him. He has kept it off for 2 months now."

Sounds like he's doing great.

I looked at your food choices, and they looked pretty good, but I was wondering about the rice. Even though it was brown rice, was it still pretty high in calories and carbs? I eat brown rice sometimes, but I try not to do it very often. But then I'm trying to do a very low-carb diet. Best wishes to you.